What is Peer Support? : Peer support is community support via activities. Creative Expressions, an art program is currently our most popular one. It is open to anyone who is interested! We are so excited to see you!
Thurs. June 1st- Crafty Thursday 1-2:30 pm, Belly Dancing 2:30-3:30 pm
Sun. June 4th- Stittsville Art Market (Village Square Park, 6000 Abbott St. E., Stittsville, ON, K2S 1E2)
Mon. June 5th – IL Canada Day Drop-In 12-1 pm, Round Table 1-2 pm, Coffee & Chat 2-3:30 pm
Wed. June 7th- Beach Day (Britannia Beach) 1:30-3:30 pm
Thurs. June 8th – “The Hot Stove on Employment” Event (404 McArthur Road) 6:45 pm- 8:30 pm
Fri. June 9th- Games Day 1-3:30 pm
Mon. June 12th- Zumba 1-3:30 pm
Wed. June 14th – Trip to Montreal (registration FULL)
Thurs. June 15th- Living Aligned 1:00-2:00pm, Organizing and de-cluttering skills 1-3:30 pm
Fri. June 16th- Friday social 1-3:30 pm
Mon. June 19th – Crafty Monday 1-3:30 pm
Wed. June 21st- Picnic in the Park (Vincent Massey Park) 1:30-3:30 pm
Thurs. June 22nd- Yoga & Meditation in the park (park close to the centre)1- 2:30 pm
Mon. June 26th- Painting with Allyson 1:00-3:00pm
Wed. June 28th- Walking Club (location TBD) 1:30-3 pm
Thurs. June 29th- Bingo 1-2:30 pm, Coffee & Chat 2:30- 3:30 pm
• Go to https://mycommunityhub.ca/ and click on “create account” on the top right corner of the screen.
• Put in the necessary information (your email, password and such).
• If you are creating this account to register someone else for programs as a caregiver or support worker, once you get to the “emergency contact” portion, you can click on “create account and add participant”. This will allow you to manage your account as a support worker/family member/caretaker and register the person you are supporting. If you are creating this account for yourself, just click on “create account”.
• Once you have created your account, go on the home page and use the search bar to look up “Ottawa Independent Living Resource Centre”. You can also use this link which will directly take you there: https://v2.mycommunityhub.ca/…
• This should show you all the programs we have scheduled for the month. You can look at them in a list or as a calendar view, control this by clicking on the options at the top left corner of the activity list.
• Simply look for any programs you are interested in attending, and click on “add to cart” as if you were online shopping.
• Once you have everything you are interested in, go to checkout just like you would an online shopping website. Review your activities, and confirm your registration!
• Once this is done, you will receive a receipt to your email with all the necessary information about your programs. You can also view your calendar with all the things you have signed up for in the month on your account.
Peer Support Round Table:
Join us every other week in person or on Zoom to meet with peers, make new friends, and chat about topics and ideas that mean a lot to you! This is also a great space to brainstorm on some new ideas for the Centre.
Coffee & Chat:
Come join us for afternoons of artistic expression though many different kinds of art. With different art projects each month, you’ll get to experience all kinds of creative ways of expressing yourself. Plus, you get to do it all for free! Make friends and stunning pieces with our Creative Expressions Workshop. Take your art home to keep or leave it at OILRC and see it go up on the wall or around the office!
Yoga and Meditation:
Stretch and relax with yoga here at OILRC. Come and keep fit while still having fun with friends. Take your mind away from stress and get some rest and relaxation with us!
Zumba Dance Party:
Who said exercise should be boring? Come enjoy some great music while working on those dance moves.
Let’s grab lunch! Come and join us as we treat ourselves by going out to restaurants for lunch. Whether we grab some pizza, burgers, or sandwiches, there’s always something yummy to eat and great company to be had.
Healthy eating is a crucial part of life. To help inspire a nutritious lifestyle, we offer our Healthy Eats program in which we do lots of different activities! Whether we go to the store and shop together for healthy foods or do some healthy cooking seminars, we’re spreading knowledge about healthy foods as best we can!
Connecting with Tech
With the Pandemic, many of our consumers were isolated with centre closures. We want to equip our consumers with the skills to stay connected even when they can’t physically be at the centre. We will work with you 1:1, as needed to ensure your success with technology and staying connected with the community.