We Are Hiring!
Position: Peer Support Program Coordinator
Term: Part Time, 20-25 hours per week
In response to community needs and in line with the Independent Living philosophy, the Peer Support Co-ordinator will plan, develop, implement, maintain and evaluate a high quality Peer Support Program, with particular attention to the needs of consumers.
policies and practices of the Centre and under the supervision of the Executive
Director, the Peer Support Co-ordinator will lead program area administrative
functions, oversee volunteer duties, and support organization development
Skills and Qualifications
- Understanding of the Independent Living Philosophy and approach.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with people who have various disabilities an asset.
- Volunteer recruitment and management an asset
- Must have strong leadership skills, critical thinking, and problem solving
- Professional, responsible and sensitive to confidential issues
- Highly organized with ability to maintain accurate records
- Ability to prioritize competing demands, and remain calm in a fast-paced environment
- Creative, motivated and resourceful
- Ability to work within a team, and independently
- Ability to apply policies, procedures, and regulations
- Computer proficiency, and comfortable using social media
- Vulnerable Sector Check
- Experience providing peer support
- Experience with group facilitation
- Experience working within the not-for-profit sector, community based organizations, and/or social services
- Maintain accurate files
- Track program expenses
- Coordinate, develop and implement all peer support material including online newsletter, activities, communication channels and marketing materials, pamphlets, questionnaires etc.;
- Community outreach and engagement efforts
- Provide peer support to members as needed and be able to communicate effectively and supportively with members in distress;
- Coordinates programs and workshops for Members and participants
- Provide information on services and programs for persons with disabilities to consumers and community;
- Develop and implement program activities including matching peers;
- Work with consumer on both a one-to-one basis as well as in groups to work on issues or develop skills;
Organization and Program Development:
- Lead or assist with fundraising initiatives and resource development strategies
- Lead or support new program developments
- Lead or support volunteer developments
What Can I expect in this role?
- Comfortable facilitating activities and outings for groups as large as 15 people, both at the Centre and out in the community
- A mix of office environment and outdoor/community activities
- Working with diverse populations
- Evening and weekend work as required
We encourage applicants of all abilities to apply. Should you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please notify us.
We thank all applicants for their interest in applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: